Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin and Acne-prone Skin
Choosing the Right Moisturizer - Tips for Oily Skin Moisturizer
Following are some useful tips for applying the right kind of moisture to your face before makeup. These tips for moisturizing oily skin help improve your skin's appearance.
1. People with oily skin require moisture less often than those with dry skin. If have oily skin on face, you should moisturize your face only when your skin feels dry and only on dry patches.
2. If you have oily skin, you need an oil-free moisturizer that will hydrate and moisturize the skin. Look for the best moisturizers that will make your oil glands produce less oil to avoid skin problems like acne.
3. When choosing the best moisturizer for oily skin, find one that is non-comedogenic, meaning the moisturizer won’t clog your pores, which helps to avoid breakouts and acne. Non-comedogenic moisturizers do not clog the pores of the skin. Occasionally, you can apply a moisturizer containing alpha-hydroxy acid for treating acne.
4. For oily skin, find a more water-based moisturizer that is specifically noncomedogenic, and formulated for oily skin. The lightweight moisturizing lotion retains the normal moisture content of the skin, without making it excessively oily.
5. For oily skins, look for moisturizers, which have silicones as ingredients in it. Silicones can be slightly drying for your skin, so they are good when you have oily skin and an oily face.
6. Hydrate skin with a light moisturizer that is especially formulated for oily, acne prone skin. For daytime, always use one with an SPF 15 or higher. Also look for moisturizers that contain essential nutrients and antioxidants like vitamins B and E to nourish your skin.
Read: Get Rid Of Oily Skin:15 Best Natural Home Remedies To Remove Oil From Face
7. Always wash your face before applying moisturizer. Doing so helps decrease the risk of acne breakouts. Before applying moisturizer, cleanse your face with a light medicated lotion or milk cleanser formulated especially for oily and acne prone skin. You should avoid using creamy or rich cleansers with heavy emollients.
8. Apply moisturizing lotion and allow it to dry on your face for about 10 minutes or until dry. Then proceed with using other products, such as sunscreen and makeup.
It may take some trial and error to find the right oily-skin moisturizer for you. If you have oily skin and want to find a suitable lotion, the above useful tips will help you find the best moisturizer for oily skin, and also help to keep your skin hydrated and healthy looking.