How to Get Rid of Oily SkinOily skin appears greasy or shiny. Oily skin has rough pores and pimples emerge out of them, causing embarrassing blackheads and blemishes. To properly manage oily skin you need to understand its causes. Oily skin is caused by over-active sebaceous glands that produce a substance called sebum, a naturally healthy skin lubricant. Oily skin is caused by many factors but hormone imbalances affect oil gland activity and sebum levels the most. Other factors such as diet, stress, the environment and certain medications can cause increased oil production. Oil-based cosmetics will cause excess oil to form. Greasy creams and oil-based skin care products can aggravate your oil glands and cause them to over-secrete oil. There are solutions to control the excess oil on your skin. Expensive skin care products are not the sole oily skin solution. There are a number of easy home remedies for getting rid of oily face. Herbal treatments and home remedies are the best options on how to get rid of oily skin naturally.
Reduce Oily Skin on Face using Oily Skin RemediesThe oil oozes and gives the skin a greasy shine. The pores are enlarged and the skin has a coarse look. Oily skin can lead to acne flare-ups. If your skin is oily, try the following natural skincare tips and oily skin remedies on how to reduce oily skin and shine on your face.
1. Egg white work amazing for oily skin. It helps to tighten the skin and shrink large pores. Apply egg white on your face with the help of your fingers or a brush. Wash off after leaving on for 10-15 minutes or till it dries. It is the easiest home remedy to remove oily shine from the surface of the skin.
2. The acidic properties of apple act as an astringent on oily skin. You can rub thin slices of apple on your face for getting rid of oily skin. One of the most common problems is having oily skin pores wide. This wonderful homemade apple mask can be a solution. Slice half an apple and remove the seeds. Blend it with 1 tablespoon of honey to form a smooth paste. Remove in a bowl and add one teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix well until getting a smooth paste. Then apply on the open pores and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Wash your face with cold water and pat dry.
- How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin:15 Best Natural Home Remedies To Remove Oil From Face
- 7 Best Natural Homemade Facial Masks for Oily Skin Acne prone Skin
- Best Natural Ways to Get Rid of Large Pore on Face
4. Tomato is a simple yet effective remedy on how to get rid of oily skin. Gently rub tomato on your skin for a few minutes and then wash it off with cool water. Tomato can treat several types of skin problems including acne, blackheads, oily skin, enlarged pores, skin rashes, sunburns, discoloration.
5. You can get rid of oily skin on face fast using strawberry. A paste made with strawberries or a solution made of strawberry leaves is effective for treating a greasy face.
- Best Natural Ways to Remove Whiteheads on Forehead, Nose, Cheeks and Chin
- 6 Best Homemade Face Masks to Get Rid of Blackheads
7. Baking soda also works well in getting rid of excess oil from skin. Massage a little bit of baking soda mixed with water onto your skin to remove shiny skin.
8. Do you want to get rid of oily skin problem fast at home, a homemade clay mask may be the right solution for you. Applying a clay or mud mask is a very relaxing natural cure for oily skin. Clay or mud-based face masks help to draw out and absorb the oil in your skin and help you get rid of blackheads and whiteheads on your face.
9. The use of milk can make a great daily cleanser for oily skin. Oily skin has open and enlarged pores so wash your face several times with milk. Take two glasses of boiled milk and add 2 tablespoons of lime juice to it. Use this mixture to wash your face regularly. It will reduce oily skin, remove whiteheads, and blackheads and will make the facial skin soft and smooth.
See: 22 Best Natural Products to Remove Whiteheads Fast Overnight
10. You can easily get rid of oily skin by applying fresh lemon juice. You may combine equal parts of lemon juice and water and apply it all over the face to reduce oily face.
11. Red sandalwood paste mixed with rose water can also be used as a face pack for getting rid of oily skin and acne prone skin. It is also an excellent home remedy for blackhead removal.
12. Orange peel powder is also very helpful to reduce oily skin and get rid of clogged pores. For treating oily skin, prepare a face pack made of rose water, orange peel, and witch hazel. Apply this oily skin face mask to your face carefully avoiding the eye area and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
13. Cucumber is an excellent ingredient for removing the dead cells and stale oil from the skin. It retains moisture and soothes the skin. Grind half a cucumber with some yogurt .Then apply it on your face and keep it for 20-25 minutes. Rinse off with hot washcloth and then rinse with cool water to get a non-greasy, vibrant look.
14. Oatmeal and honey mask is well-known to be beneficial for treating oily skin. Just mix together honey, uncooked oatmeal and little amount of lemon juice to make a paste. Spread this mixture on your face to clean your pores. Applying this paste regularly on your skin also helps in the pimple reduction process.