How to Get Rid Of SunburnSunburns are caused by an overexposure to the sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation. Symptoms of first degree sunburns are stinging pain, heat and redness, skin tenderness, and occasional blistering. Sunburns can also cause a variety of other symptoms like excessive skin peeling, infection, and permanent damage to the skin, if not treated very quickly. Fortunately, there exist a number of natural home remedies to get rid of sunburn. These natural remedies can soothe your stinging skin due to sunburn.
Home Remedies for Sunburn - Best Treatments for Fast Pain ReliefHome treatments will help decrease sunburn pain, prevent infection, and can help speed up the healing process of skin. Following are some of the best home remedies and natural treatments to get rid of sunburn fast.
1. To remove the redness of skin from bad sunburn fast, apply wet cloth immediately. This treatment can help ease sunburn pain, itching, and inflammation as well as prevents the appearance of blisters and red skin and keeps your skin from peeling.
2. Keep the skin moisturized to ease the discomfort of the peeling skin from sunburn. Look for a moisturizer that is specifically designed to work on sunburn or peeling skin.
3. Applying a thick paste of cold yogurt and chamomile essential oil on your face helps soothe the skin and relieve itchiness and redness from sunburned face fast.
4. Another natural home remedy to get rid of sunburn is to make a paste of mashed strawberries and apply to sunburned parts of the body. It helps calm pain and itching and also removes red skin on face.
5. Aloe vera works great at soothing severe sunburn. Aloe vera gel helps to relieve the pain and itchiness quickly. This gel is also best for healing sunburn blisters naturally. Aloe vera creams also help in soothing burned skin and stopping the stinging sensation.
6. White vinegar is effective in treating redness and soreness of sunburn. Spray vinegar all over burn or soak small towels in vinegar and apply to skin. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which can help ease sunburn pain, itching, and inflammation.
7. Cucumbers are naturally hydrating and moisturizing to the skin, making them a great home remedy for relieving severe sunburn. Soothe and treat burned skin by placing slices of cucumber over the affected areas.
8. Sunburned eyelids and lips can be extremely painful, and cold tea bags help to get rid of sunbun pains fast. Gently apply chilled black tea bags to the affected areas. The tannic acid in the tea bag soothes the sunburned skin.
9. Use ice cubes on sun burnt areas. It is best for getting an instant relief for recent sunburns.
10. Tomatoes are best for healing burned skin fast. Mix tomato juice with butter milk in the ratio of 1:6 and apply it over the sunburnt skin.
11. When you need fast relief for your sunburned face, gently massage your face with mustard oil. It will give relief from burning sensation and itching.
12. Dip a cotton wool ball into some cold milk and apply to your face and body to get rid of sunbun pain and prevent the blisters.
13. Baking Soda (Bicarbonate of soda) can soothe the sting of sunburn. Add enough water to one-half cup of baking soda to make a thick paste. Apply it over the sunburned skin to get fast pain relief.
14. Taking a warm bath is best to improve blood circulation. This home remedy is also beneficial to get rid of sunburn fast.
These are some effective but cheap home remedies for sunburn. If you have overexposed your skin to the sun and end up with sunburn, these home remedies can make you a bit more comfortable. If at-home treatments don’t help or your sunburn is very severe, you should see a doctor. Cover up before going outdoors again so that you heal quickly and efficiently.