Best Treatments to Lighten Dark Lips
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Lips
1. The person got the dark lips because of the many dead skin cells on the surface of the lips. To exfoliate you can brush them gently with a mild toothbrush in the morning. Apply a thin coat of a good lip balm after this.
2. To remove the dead cells, create a mixture of sugar granules, and lime juice. Using your finger, gently rub this mixture over the lip area. This remedy will help in taking off the dry skin cells that may have accumulated on the lips thereby giving them a dark appearance.
3. Consume milk every day to reduce the appearance of dark spots on your lips. Milk contains lactic acid that has whitening properties. You can also apply a few drops of it on a cotton pad and place it on the area to remove the darkness. Milk also removes the dead cells from the skin.
4. Try a lime and honey treatment for dark lips. Prepare a mixture of lime juice, honey, and glycerin. If applied regularly every night before going to bed, it will help to lighten dark spots on them.
5. Applying beetroot juice is known to have helped lighten the lip discoloration. Doing this dark lips treatment continuously at least for one month will help to get pink lips naturally.
6. Papaya is a natural remedy for treating dark lips. Apply papaya skin paste on your lips. You can also make a paste of pineapple and papaya and apply this to lighten dark lips.
7. One of the most effective home remedies to get rid of lip darkness is the application of cucumber. It acts as a lip lightener. Cucumber juice can be applied to remove the discoloration on lips.
8. Almond oil is known to be an effective remedy in reducing dark staining on the lips. You may mix almond oil with a small amount of cream and apply on them as a natural treatment. This treatment is also beneficial for curing dry lips.
9. Another simple way to get rid of dark lips is massaging them with pure coconut oil or olive oil, every night before going to bed.
10. To lighten dark lips due to smoking, make a paste using coriander leaves and honey. Apply this paste on your lips before going to sleep, and wash it in the morning.
11. Another best home remedy for dark lips is rubbing them gently with rose leaves dipped in unboiled milk. You can do this treatment twice a day to turn your black lips to pink lips.
12. Not drinking enough water causes the lips to become very dry, this is one of the main causes for the discoloration on them. Keeping your lips moisturized can help make them appear lighter. Drink more water and fluids to help pump up them.
13. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, apply a lip balm with sunscreen to prevent discoloration of lips. In order to reduce darkness of lips choose a lip balm that has an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 30. If you want to use lipstick, make sure you are using a lipstick with high sun protection factor.
14. Smokers commonly experience a darkening of the lips and wrinkles around mouth due to excessive smoking. The best way for getting rid of dark lips from smoking and smokers lines is to quit smoking.
15. Coffee and tea play a part in darkening your lips, therefore limiting tea and coffee intake to 2-3 cups per day, proves beneficial for lightening dark lips naturally.
These are some natural home remedies that can help you lighten dark lips. Try the above natural treatments and home remedies to get rid of dark lips effectively. Also, maintain a healthy and balanced diet for treating dark lips. Include plenty of fresh fruits and green vegetables in your diet on a daily basis to get rid of dark lips naturally and fast.