How to Get Rid of Age Spots on Face
Brown spots, commonly known as age or liver spots, are actually called solar lentigines. Age spots or liver spots are a skin condition that is caused by excessive sun exposure. These spots tend to occur on the face, arms, shoulders and other areas of the skin that may be exposed to the sun. Age spots may also occur on account of an irregular and unhealthy diet and a lack of essential nutrition. Age spots result from the production of excessive melanin as well as excessive exposure to direct sunlight. Age spots may tend to get cancerous in some cases while in others it can often block the detection of skin cancer. It is thus important to remove liver spots immediately and there are several home remedies for liver spots you can use to treat the condition effectively.
Natural Methods to Remove Liver Spots
There are several precautions you should take if you suffer from age spots. Make sure that you do not go out without wearing sunscreen and take adequate precautions to protect yourself from sun exposure.
- Ensure that your diet comprises foods that are rich in protein and eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to help rejuvenate your skin.
- Avoid consuming foods that are too oily or spicy and ensure that you cut down your intake of sweet foods.
- Avoid consuming foods that have a high level of caffeine and alcoholic drinks.
- Drink plenty of water as this will help flush toxins from your body and will help reduce your liver spots.
Home Remedies for Removing Liver Spots
1. Use a natural bleach that contains lactic acid to help reduce age spots. Buttermilk contains lactic acid that helps exfoliate the skin to remove blemishes and brown spots without drying out your skin.
2. Lemon juice has bleaching properties that can help get rid of brown spots. Plus, it helps maintain soft, clear and beautiful skin. Cut a lemon into slices and place the slices directly on the brown spots. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then rinse off with running water.
3. Garlic is very effective in treating age spots. The juice of a couple of garlic pods applied to the age spots everyday will help them fade quickly.
4. Red onion also helps fade age spots. Apply a thinly sliced red onion on the age spots to help diminish their appearance.
Aloe vera has healing properties and aids skin regeneration. Apply aloe vera juice directly on your age spots to help them fade quickly.
5. By combining grated horseradish root, lemon juice, vinegar and rosemary essential oil, you can prepare your own effective age spot removal remedy.
6. Vitamin E is an effective method of getting rid of liver spots. Apply a vitamin E based cream or apply vitamin E directly on your age spots to help diminish them.
7. Applying apple cider vinegar on age spots helps fade them quickly. Make a mixture of apple cider vinegar and orange juice and use this solution to get rid of liver spots effectively.
- 9 Best Natural Dark Spot Corrector to Get Rid of Dark Brown Spots on Face
- Best Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Dark Spots on Facial Skin
- Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Face
9. Yogurt helps you to lighten brown age spots in a natural way. Apply plain yogurt directly on the liver spots and let it to dry for 20 minutes and then wash it with cold water. To get rid of liver spots fast, apply yogurt on the brown spots before going sleeping and leave it overnight.
10. Mix a little sugar to lime juice and rub the area with liver spots with this mixture. Lime juice will bleach the skin and sugar granules will exfoliate it.
11. Make a paste using chick peas and water and apply this on your age spots. This will help fade brown age spots effectively.
12. Apply olive oil on your age spots and massage it well into your skin before your bath to help lighten liver spots.
13. You can make a pack at home with some sandalwood powder, glycerin, rose water and lemon juice. Apply this pack onto the age spots and leave it for about half an hour.Wash it off with cold water.
14. Mix buttermilk along with honey to form a thick paste and apply on the age spots. Leave it for about 15 minutes before washing it off. This home remedy will remove the dead skin cells that were accumulated on top and help get rid of brown spots o face.
15. For removing liver spots fast, take tomatoes and extract its juice and then add this to lemon juice. Stir it well and then apply this solution only on the brown age spots. Wait for about 30 minutes and then wash it with water. Do this home treatment regularly to get rid of liver spots fast.
To lighten brown age spots, you can try these easy and natural home treatments.