How to Remove Dry Skin Patches on FaceHaving dry skin or dry skin patches is a common skin problem. Normally, dry skin isn't serious, but it can make you uncomfortable. Scaly skin is a common symptom of dry skin and can occur anywhere on the body like the face, neck, hands, and legs. The dry skin patches maybe accompanied by other symptoms as itchiness, redness, etc.
Causes of Dry Skin PatchesIf you know what's causing those dry, itchy patches on your skin, you will be able to treat dry skin on face properly and effectively. Dry patches of skin can appear due to a variety of factors and certain medical conditions. Lack of adequate hydration, poor diet, too much exposure to the sun, improper lifestyle, nutritional imbalances, cold weather, medication, genetic factors, and chemicals in skin care products such as soaps and facial cleansers are some reasons that cause dry patches of skin on the face and other parts of the body as well. With age, the skin's elastin and collagen breaks down, and causes dry skin patches on face. The overuse of soaps and cosmetics can also cause patchy dry red skin on face.
Usually dry skin patches occur because of insufficient or wrong skin care, but in some cases, the appearance of these extremely dry patches of skin can be caused by a skin condition like eczema. If you are sure that your dry skin problem is not caused by a preexisting skin condition like eczema, however, returning to a well-moisturized state is much easier.
Get Rid of Dry Skin Patches: Natural Treatments for Dry Skin on FaceIt is possible to treat dry patches of skin easily and effectively with a little care at home. Following are some effective natural treatments for removing dry skin patches. These natural methods can prove to be effective in treating and preventing dry patches of skin.
Skin Care Routine for Dry Skin on Face
By following regular and appropriate skin care routine, you will be able to get rid of all kinds of skin problems, including dry skin patches. Dry-skin patches usually improve with exfoliation and moisturizing. You can prevent dry flaky skin by exfoliating and moisturizing your the problem areas on a regular basis. Exfoliate patches of dry skin as soon as they appear. Exfoliating dry dead skin allows moisturizers to penetrate deeply into the skin. A face mask can also be used to cleanse and exfoliate, leaving the skin softer and smoother. Apply moisturizing lotion for dry skin for moisturizing and protecting the skin.
Sun Protection Is Necessary For Preventing Dry Patches of Skin
Too much sun exposure of the damaged area may cause more harm to the skin. For protecting you from the harmful UV rays, and preventing dry patches on the skin, you should apply the sunscreen to dry skin 15 minutes before going outdoors.
Treat and Prevent Dry Patch on Skin with Diet
Some rashes are due to dry skin and many more are aggravated by dry skin. Thus, keeping your skin hydrated is essential for preventing and treating any kind of dry skin problem. Dry flaky skin lacks moisture as a result of under functioning sebaceous glands. Water aids the process of production of natural oils natural oils by your sebaceous glands that prevent your skin from drying.
Diet takes a vital part to keep the moisture level of your dry skin balanced. The main important factor to take into account is that a good amount of vegetables and fruit should be present in skin diet. A raw food diet will help give you clear, moist and glowing skin. Eat foods rich in sulfur like garlic, onion and eggs. These will keep your dry skin smooth and healthy.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin Patches on Face
Dry patches of skin on the face can be annoying. You can cure facial dry skin naturally with proven home remedies. Following are some of the effective remedies for treating dry patches on facial skin. Get rid of dry patch on face with these natural remedies.
1. Almond oil and olive oil is really good for treating dry patches of skin on the face. The oil will help moisturize the extremely dry skin and keep it hydrated. When massaged into the dry skin around eyes, it makes skin supple, silky and soft.
2. dry skin is prone to wrinkles. For removing dry skin and wrinkles, apply an egg face mask. You can prepare a fine mixture by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of orange juice, some drops of rose water and lime juice. Apply this well-prepared combination on the face and leave the mixture on your face for a few minutes before you rinse it off. This is very effective home remedy for dry skin patches on face.
3. One of the home remedies for dry patches on skin is applying the pulp of a ripe banana all over your face and neck. Leave on for 20 minutes, and then rinse out with warm water.
4. Make a thick paste of one peach and one banana then apply it to your dry flaky peeling skin on face. Wait for 20 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water followed by a moisturizer of natural vegetable. This Home remedy will help to cure dry patches on face and wrinkles effectively.
5. Soothing, moisturizing, and toning, aloe vera makes the perfect home remedy for dry patches of skin as it help restore the skins moisture balance, giving your skin the intense moisture it needs. To use, break off a leaf from an aloe vera plant and rub the clear, sticky sap all over your face.
6. It is said that avocado oil, castor oil, and grape seed oil are very useful in treating dry skin patches. You can apply any one of these oils on your dry flaky skin on face on a daily basis. It will help to effectively reduce the dry patches of skin on the face, and improve your facial skin texture.
7. Treat your dry skin patches with vitamin E oil. Pure vitamin E oil is an effective treatment for dry skin on face, hair, and nails. Apply on Vitamin E Oil to moisturize severe dry skin. You can also take Vitamin E capsules orally to help the skin heal from within.
It is possible to transform dry skin into a healthy skin by natural home remedies for dry skin patches on face. Follow the above discussed remedies to cure dry patches on skin naturally.