How to Get Rid of Wrinkles around Mouth
Best Cosmetic Treatment Procedures for Removing Mouth Wrinkles
1. Botox Injections to Get Rid of Wrinkles around MouthFor making the skin smooth and wrinkle-free, Botox injection is used. Consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get Botox injections to remove the wrinkles around your mouth. Botox is a paralyzing agent which will decrease muscle function when injected into the muscle. After the muscles in this area have been relaxed, the lines in the skin also would decrease. Marionette lines at the corners of the mouth and smoker's lines on the upper lip can be effectively removed with Botox. Lines and wrinkles around mouth continue to improve for up to a month after Botox, and results can last for up to 6 months. Botox injections in the wrinkles around the mouth also cheaper compared to any other surgical strategies such as cosmetic surgery.
2. Dermabrasion for Getting Rid of Wrinkles around the MouthDermabrasion uses a motorized wheel with an abrasive scrub brush to sand down and resurface the affected skin areas around the mouth. Dermabrasion might cause changes in the color of your skin around mouth, so talk to your doctor about the risks before trying it for removing lines around the mouth.
- 10 Best Homemade Facial Masks for Smile Lines
- Best Homemade Facial Masks for Nasolabial Folds
- 16 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles
3. Laser Treatment for Removing Wrinkles around Mouth
4. Chemical Peels to Remove Mouth WrinklesChemical peels are beneficial in the treatment of wrinkles around the mouth. Some women form fine lines around the lips at an early age before other signs of aging in their face. For them a chemical peel around the mouth could be done in the thirties. Chemical peels destroy the wrinkled layer of skin, allowing a firmer, smoother layer to develop. There are different levels of chemical peels, from light to deep. The lightest of the chemical peels use alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids to remove lines around the mouth. These include glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid and maleic acid. They will leave your skin around mouth feeling tighter and looking glowing. You may need three or four peels, but the results can be good if the mouth wrinkles are not deep.
Wrinkles around the mouth, often called smile lines, are a tell-tale sign of aging skin that affects many people. When we look in the mirror, the fine lines and deep creases around our mouth are normally the ones we often find the least attractive. You may try the above discussed methods and treatment options that removes wrinkles around mouth, or at least reduces the severity of the creasing.
See Related Articles: