How to Get Rid of Under Eye WrinklesHaving dark circles, puffy eyes, fine lines, and under eye wrinkles is something that will usually come with age. As you age, the skin around your eyes starts to thin out and loses its natural elasticity, which leads to the appearance of wrinkles under eyes. Wrinkles under the eyes, affect both men and women of all ethnicities. Laugh lines, also called perioral lines and smile lines, become more pronounced as you age.
Certain lifestyle factors can increase your chances of developing crows feet and under eye wrinkles at an earlier age. The constant wrinkling of the skin around the eyes eventually leads to permanent wrinkles around eyes. Currently there are several different treatment options you can opt for removing under eye wrinkles, crows feet, and laugh lines around eyes. Learn more about the best cosmetic treatment options for removing under eye wrinkles.
Best Cosmetic Treatments to Remove Wrinkles Around EyesFine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin around the eyes can add years to your appearance, but there are now a number of cosmetic procedures that can restore your youthful looks. Make an appointment with a dermatologist to see what options are available to reduce the wrinkles under eyes.
1. Topical Retinoids for Removing Under Eye WrinklesThe treatments for under eye wrinkles and dark circles under eyes include topical retinoids obtained from vitamin A. For fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes, you can use tretinoin, a topical retinoid, prescribed under the brand name Retin-A. Tretinoin can smooth out skin texture, stimulate collagen production and help to minimize fine lines under eyes. Tretinoin is particularly good for crows feet (smile lines around the eyes). Apply a small dab to the skin around eyes once a day before bed. The ingredient itself is sensitive to sunlight, which is why you should apply it before bed at night. Eye creams are wonder treatments for reducing the appearance of crows feet, under-eye puffiness and redness. Apply the eye cream in light dabs, starting at the inner corner of the eye, moving outward. Never rub the eye wrinkle cream under your eyes, as this may cause more wrinkles to form. Applying eye wrinkle cream is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to remove under eye wrinkles and crows feet wrinkles around the eyes.
See: 16 Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Under Eye Wrinkles
2. Laser Resurfacing Procedure for Eye Wrinkle RemovalIf eye creams are not enough to help get rid of wrinkles under eyes, you may want to try a laser treatment. Lasers are one of the most effective tools available today for eliminating wrinkles around eyes. Consult a plastic surgeon or dermatologist to find out if you are a good candidate for laser resurfacing. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is one of the most popular laser treatment options for skin rejuvenation, treating wrinkles and treating acne scars today. The Fractional CO2 Laser helps to reduce lines and wrinkles, to tighten the skin, and to promote collagen regeneration, leading to a younger looking you. It will definitely help with the wrinkles around the eyes and will help firm and tighten the eyelid skin. The skin under your eyes will heal in 3 to 5 days after the procedure. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing can provide non-surgical blepharoplasty like results with tightening of eyelid and under eye skin.
3. Botox Injection to Remove Wrinkles Under EyesGet a Botox injection to remove the wrinkles around eyes. In certain situations, Botox can be used for removing under eye wrinkles if the eye wrinkles are caused by overactive muscles around eyes. Botox is the trade name for botulinum toxin A, a nuerotoxin that can be injected around the eye area. This intravenous method of wrinkle removal relaxes the muscles, which can cause a flattening of the skin. Botox injections give instant results for crow's feet. Whereas other wrinkles are static wrinkles caused by aging and other environmental factors, crows feet are dynamic wrinkles caused by muscle contraction. Botox works by relaxing the muscles causing the eye wrinkles. A very small dose (2 units) of Botox injected just below the lower lash line helps with lower lid wrinkles. Botox injections should be repeated on an interval basis for continuous results.
4. Dermal Fillers to Get Rid of Under Eye WrinklesDermal fillers, sometimes known as wrinkle fillers, are also commonly used under the eyes to diminish the appearance of wrinkles under the eyes and the dark eye circles and hollowness under the eyes. Dermal fillers are injected like Botox, but instead of working on the muscles, they work to plump up the skin where they are injected. Unlike surgical face lifts that stretch skin over bone leaving a tight unnatural stretched appearance, fillers restore volume for a more natural youthful appearance. Juvederm and Restylane are the two most popular hyaluronic acid type fillers. Both of these popular dermal fillers are a safe choice for eye wrinkle removal. Cosmetic dermal fillers are injected into the skin to improve texture, volume and appearance, thus diminishing or almost completely eliminating fine lines and wrinkles around eyes.
5. Thermage Treatment for Reducing Wrinkles Around EyesUndergo a cosmetic treatment called Thermage for removing under eye wrinkles. Thermage is a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure - it uses RF energy to heat inner layers of skin and stimulate collagen production, which creates subtle, natural looking results on and off the face, such as: tighter, smoother skin, softened wrinkles and lines, And an overall younger looking appearance. This non-invasive cosmetic procedure is approved by the FDA. Thermage procedure only takes about one hour. Since there is no bruising, swelling or sutures, you can apply make-up immediately after a treatment session has been concluded. And there's little to no downtime – so you can quickly resume your normal routine after the Thermage treatment. The effect of Thermage eye treatment is an overall tighter, younger looking skin around the eyes.
6. Chemical Peel To Get Rid of Under Eye WrinklesSchedule a chemical peel session for your under-eye wrinkles. Chemical peels use an acid solution to exfoliate the outer layers of skin, which removes superficial wrinkles and promotes re-growth of the dermal layers. Chemical peeling is often used to treat fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth. Chemical peels are performed in a doctor's office. If you're considering chemical peel, look for a dermatologist or plastic surgeon with specialized training and significant experience performing these procedures. The chemical agents stimulate the generation of new skin cells through the healing process. Minor chemical peels do not require any anesthesia and are relatively safe and effective at not only smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles under eyes, but other skin imperfections that come with age, such as sun spots and pigmentation problems.
7. Cosmetic Surgery for Eye Wrinkle RemovalFor eyes that are extremely wrinkled, cosmetic surgeries, such as eye lifts, may be an option. Cosmetic surgery for eye wrinkles usually entails some sort of face lift, which manually tightens the skin and provides you with smoother skin around the eyes. The cosmetic effects of eye lift procedure generally last from five to ten years. Side effects include bruising and swelling.
Read: 14 Best Natural Remedies to Remove Under Eye Wrinkles
As the eye area is delicate, use these cosmetic treatments cautiously. Consult with cosmetic surgery doctor in your area to find out if you may be a good candidate for any of these cosmetic treatments that can help you get rid of under eye wrinkles. In many cases, a dermatologist will suggest dermabrasion, a chemical peel, or a topical retinoid to reduce fine lines and wrinkles under eyes. Not all cosmetic treatments are suitable for everyone and risks are involved with cosmetic procedures such as eye lifts and Botox. One of the best ways to treat and prevent under eye wrinkles is to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen each and every time you go outside.