How to Get Rid of Cystic AcneCystic acne, often referred to as acne vulgaris, is a skin condition characterized by scaly red skin, blackheads, whiteheads, pinheads, pimples, and nodules. Most common type of acne that everyone will experience is none other than acne vulgaris. Also called as nodular acne, cystic acne gets its name with the pus-filled cysts that form to the skin during breakouts. In severe cases, cystic acne can also lead to scarring or changes in skin pigmentation. Cystic acne or acne vulgaris mostly occurs in the face, upper chest, and back. Cystic acne causes are varied, but usually it is the result of excess sebum (oil) production. Acne cyst is also caused by high testosterone levels and clogged pores. In some cases, cystic acne has also been triggered by the development of pregnancy, polycystic ovary syndrome, or Cushing’s syndrome in adult women.
Cystic acne affects deeper skin tissue more than common acne does. There are cystic acne treatments that involve using cortisone injections to reduce inflammation. There are also prescription medications for cystic acne treatment that may be administered to those with severe acne problems. There are side effects associated with taking these types of medications. You can try out homemade remedies to treat cystic acne naturally. Certain natural remedies for cystic acne work better than many of the pharmaceutical treatments currently available.
Best Cystic Acne Treatment - Home Remedies to Get Rid of Cystic AcneIf you are suffering from reoccurring cases of acne, you may try the following natural acne treatments for acne vulgaris that works fast and handles the cystic acne condition effectively.
1. Tea tree oil is a powerful topical medication used to get rid of cystic acne. Many have tried it and it has been proven to be quite effective. Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that aids in reducing the inflammation of acne cysts.
See: Get Rid Of Acne: Best Acne Treatment Tips in Your 30s, 40s, and 50s
2. Use warmth to open your pores up to help treat an acne cyst. Make a compress by soaking a soft cloth in hot water. Place it on the skin affected with acne vulgaris for about 10 minutes. This helps in reducing the swelling by removing the pus from the cysts.
3. Use apple cider vinegar to treat your cystic acne problem. Applying apple cider vinegar on the acne cysts helps stabilize the pH balance of your skin and prevents any further acne outbreaks. In addition, drink a glass of water mixed with about 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar so as to heal cystic acne bumps internally as well.
4. Honey mixed with cinnamon powder could also naturally cure cystic acne lesions. Take 3 tablespoonfuls of honey and one tablespoon of finely ground cinnamon powder and mix them well. Apply this paste on the acne cysts before sleeping and wash it off the next morning with warm water.
5. Application of aloe vera gel or juice is helpful in reducing acne cysts swelling and inflammation. You can also use a mixture of 4 teaspoons of coconut oil and a teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- How to Cure Acne using Tomato: Facial Masks using Tomato for Acne
- How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne: Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Acne, Acne Scars
- How to Treat Baby Acne: Baby Acne Cure Tips and Home Remedy Treatments
- 11 Best Home Remedies for Red Face from Acne Rosacea
- Get Rid of Acne: 14 Best Home Remedies for Acne Treatment
7. Fuller's earth is a classic ingredient to treat oily and acne prone skin problems. A face pack containing fuller’s earth mixed with cold water can do wonders in preventing acne cysts. You may also include rose water or even cucumber juice for this paste.
8. Potato slices and potato juice, both are very simple home remedies for the removal of cystic acne. Apply the fresh juice of potato or potato slices on the on face, chin, nose, and forehead acne and leave it on for half an hour for curing acne. Potato treatment also helps to remove blackheads on face.
Read: Best Face Masks for Clear Skin, Acne, Oily Skin, Dry Skin, Wrinkles and Fair Glowing Skin
9. Applying a mixture of honey and turmeric along with some lime juice is best as a natural cystic acne treatment. Follow this home remedy on a regular basis to reduce acne cysts over a period of time. This remedy also helps to treat acne scars, sunburn, itching, and eczema.
10. Water is one of the best home treatments for cystic acne. If you want to get rid of your cystic acne then you need to start drinking at least 2 liters of water every day. Water helps flush chemicals from the body and cleanses skin from the inside out, thus contributing to making the skin, clear and glowing.
11. The combination of aspirin and honey is the best combination for treating the swelling and pain associated with cystic acne. Crush 4 to 6 aspirin pills and then mix it with several drops of honey to create a paste. Using your fingers, gently apply the paste to your face and neck area, massaging gently in a circular motion. Honey contains antibiotic ingredients that can help kill the bacteria that cause acne.
- Natural Acne Scar Treatment Options to Get Rid of Acne Scars Overnight
- Top Natural Remedies and Facial Masks to Get Rid of a Pimple Overnight
- 7 Best Natural Homemade Facial Masks for Oily Skin Acne Prone Skin and Blackheads
- 21 Best Home Remedies for Fast Acne Scar Removal
These are some proven natural treatments for cystic acne, which will help you get rid of acne cysts.