How to Get Rid Of Liver Spots
Age spots, sun spots, liver spots or whatever you choose to call them, are blemishes on the skin that occur due to over exposure to the sun. Age spots or liver spots happen most commonly to people over the age of forty, and occur on areas that have had a lot of sun exposure. Areas where you might get age spots are the back of the hands, the face, forearms, forehead and shoulders. Liver spots appear as a dark patch of skin, which can look unsightly, and can cause embarrassment, or make a person self-conscious, due to the fact that they are showing their age.
Blemishes on the skin can cause you to feel less happy about your appearance and undermine your overall self-confidence - and nothing adds more years than lack of confidence about how you look. Age spots, liver spots or sunspots are naturally associated with age and you may be self-conscious about them simply because of that.
Treatment Methods To Get Rid Of Age Spots
Age spots on face and hands ruin your skin and makes you look older than you really are. There are many different names for those skin spots including terms such as liver spots, sun spots or solar lengtigos. Whatever they are called, one thing is clear. You want to rid them as fast as you can. There are many things that you can do to cover up or get rid of age spots.
Skin Lightening Creams To Get Rid Of Liver SpotsIf your age spots are not too large or too dark, then you can use over-the-counter (OTC) skin-lightening creams to bleach them out. There are many of these creams on the market. The level of the active ingredient is important - the fade cream will not work effectively if it contains only a small amount of the key active ingredient. The effect of a sufficiently strong fade cream will be to lighten the spots gradually over time so they become less noticeable. Try to pick one without hydroquinone because, although it is an effective bleaching agent, it can have some harmful side effects. Look instead for a cream that uses ingredients such as kojic acid, arbutin, vitamin C, and AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids). These substances work together to inhibit melanin production in hyperpigmented areas and the creams may take 2-3 months of continuous application to get the maximum result.
Other topical creams are based on vitamin A (Retinol),Vitamin K, glycolic acid and licorice extract - again used at high enough doses to help lessen the appearance of the sun spot over time.
- 9 Best Natural Dark Spot Corrector to Get Rid of Dark Brown Spots on Face
- Best Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Dark Spots on Facial Skin
- Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Brown Spots on Face
Moisturizer To Get Rid Of Age SpotsApply lightening moisturizer two times a day. Moisturizers are very important because this product will stay on your skin for a very long time. Make sure you use something that will really do wonders to your skin. Pick one with the natural ingredients Extrapone Nutgrass, Phytessence Wakame, Maracuja and CynergyTK.
Extrapone Nutgrass is a kind of plant with potent bleaching properties. This can target darker areas of the body to lighten them up and even them up with the rest of your skin tone. This ingredient also makes skin less photosensitive. It gets rid of redness and irritation. Phytessence Wakame is a kind of Japanese sea weed that prevents the drastic loss of hyaluronic acid. This acid supplies moisture to collagen proteins. When collagen proteins are well-moisturized, it does not deteriorate quickly. Maracuja is a passion fruit with remarkable emollient properties. Experts found out that its emollient properties are very similar to human skin. Because of that, it can easily make your dermis feel soft and smooth. CynergyTK is a good ingredient that supplies the dermis with functional keratin. This keratin is necessary for the production of collagen and elastin.
Chemical Peel To Get Rid Of Liver SpotsIf you want a more instant result - you may prefer to opt for a chemical peel - perhaps after an initial application of a good fade cream. Chemical peels that use glycolic acid work by removing the outer layers of skin and the age spots together. You need to be aware that a chemical peel won't necessarily remove your age spots in one treatment. You may need repeated treatments in order to completely remove liver spots on face and hands.
Laser Treatment To Get Rid Of Liver SpotsA more permanent solution but more costly solution to rid yourself of these pesky spots can be done through the use of lasers. Laser technology can be used to reduce skin pigmentation on a more permanent basis but can cost several hundred dollars. Laser treatment is considered safe, but some studies have shown that it can reduce the number of free radicals in the treated areas similar to long term sun exposure.
Avoid Sun Exposure To Get Rid Of Age SpotsIf you've spent a lot of money on getting rid of your age spots - you're going to want to make sure they don't come back. Liver spots are mainly caused due to excess production of melanin in our body. Exposure to the sun causes more melanin (skin pigment) to be produced. Over years, melanin can build up in little clusters and this is what causes these dark brown spots. Effective removal of age spots relies on being able to break down these clusters of melanin and limit the production of it in those areas whether that is through limiting sun exposure or by using melanin-inhibiting treatments.
You should completely avoid direct exposure to sunlight for preventing the appearance of these spots. The best way to prevent age spots recurring is to use an effective sunscreen or sun block.An anti aging moisturizer with a broad spectrum sunscreen should be an essential part of your daily skin care routine. The result will be younger looking skin - less wrinkled, smoother and free of age spots.You can also wear sunglasses and take umbrella for protecting your skin.
Tips and Remedies to Get Rid Of Liver Spots
Here are some home remedies to get rid of age spots on the face and hands.
1. A good lifestyle is the key for attaining a natural and clear complexion. You should easily include high fibrous foods in your diet. These foods mainly contain anti-oxidants that can easily flush out toxins from your body.
2. The first thing you might want to try for removing age spots is using something like lemon juice, or anything that has a lot of vitamin C, as this can be somewhat effective as a mild skin lightening agent. Lemon juice contains citric acid which is noted to fade the color of age spots on face. Just spread lemon juice with a cotton pad twice a day directly on the skin where the liver spots are visible. Leave the juice on for at least 30 minutes or as long as you feel comfortable with - even overnight.
- Home Remedies on How to Get Rid Of Liver Spots or Age Spots
- 11 Best Home Remedies to Remove Dark Skin around Mouth
3. Apple cider vinegar can help get rid of age spots. To use the apple cider vinegar remedy, simply apply it to the liver spots on face and hands using a cotton ball. This should be done daily for 6 to 8 weeks for full results. To make the effects more potent, you can also combine the vinegar with some fresh onion juice.
4. Mix apple cider vinegar with onion juice with about 50% each and apply directly to the skin with a cotton pad. This should be done once a day and stay on the skin for at least 30 minutes or as long as you feel comfortable with. Again the age spots should be fading in about 60 days.
5. Aloe Vera can be used as a home remedy to get rid of liver spots. For best results, it should be rubbed on the face and hands twice daily for 4 to 8 weeks.
6. Turmeric, ginger, tomato juice or potatoes have some effect on these dark patches, although they may not be effective enough to remove the liver spots completely.
Now, these were some safe examples of all natural remedies on how to get rid of age spots on face and hands at home.