How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Face During the Winter SeasonDry skin and flaky skin is a common complaint in the winter time. No one wants irritable, dry, flaky skin on their face! Cold, dry winter air sucks the life out of silky, smooth skin. The dry skin patches on the face particularly, around eyelids and nose, and forehead, can be intensely itchy and turn red as a result of continuous itching. Therefore, it sometime becomes red dry flaky skin on face. You can apply home remedies to remove dry skin on face and get the moisturized skin during winter.
Easy Home Remedies for Dry Flaky Skin on Face
There exist certain natural dry skin home remedies that can help you in getting rid of dry flaky skin on your face. Treat your winter dry skin by following some home remedies which are given below:
1. Winter is the best time of year to exfoliate the skin a few times a week. Exfoliate your scaly skin on face and remove dead skin cells. People with more dry, red and flaky skin should exfoliate one to two times a week, ideally with a gentle exfoliating scrub which will not irritate their skin.
2. After exfoliating, always apply a layer of moisturizer to keep your dry skin on face healthy, supple, and moist. To repair dry scaly skin patches on face, look for the best moisturizer that contain humectants, ingredients that help attract and hold moisture in the skin. Humectant ingredients are hyaluronic acid, glycerin, or sorbitol.
You can also make your own facial moisturizer by combining 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, the juice of one lemon and one tablespoon of melted butter. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise mix all over your face and leave on for 20 minutes. It will help get rid of dry, flaking skin and leave your skin feeling soft.
3. Applying aloe vera on the face especially in cold season and winter month is effective for reducing dry skin on face. Aloe vera has soothing, healing and moisturizing properties which prevents dry skin. Break off a leaf from an aloe vera plant and rub the clear, sticky sap all over your face. This can help to remove flaking, dead skin from the face.
4. When it comes to healing and hydrating peeling skin on face, you can consider olive oil. Olive oil is an all-natural moisturizer filled with essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Apply olive to your dry flaky skin and leave for 15 minutes before applying foundation. It hydrates, moisturizes, softens and relaxes your dry face skin during winter.
5. Coconut oil is really good for treating winter dry skin. Coconut oil is one of the inexpensive natural remedies that works as a natural moisturizer and helps in treating treat your dry, scaly, and itchy skin this winter season. Coconut oil has sufficient amounts of fatty acid that make up for any loss of moisture from the skin. It works best when left on for an entire night.
6. When applied topically to the face, glycerin works to increase moisture on the skin and lock it in to curb the winter dryness, which is why it is considered as one of the best remedies for dry skin. If you have dry skin on your face, you can add glycerin to milk cream and apply on your face to increase and lock in moisture on the skin to cure the dry skin on face. An ancient time effective home remedy for dry skin is to mix glycerin, lemon juice and rose water in equal proportions, and apply it onto your face overnight.
7. Banana acts as a moisturizer while making your skin glow with a shiny smoothness. Since banana is having rich water content it hydrates the skin and prevents from peeling and drying. The nutrients in the banana will improve the skin tone and skin complexion effectively. Simply mash one banana and apply it like a face mask, leaving it for 20 minutes, and then rinse it off to remove the dryness from face. This is a tried and tested remedy to treat a dry skin.
Alternatively, you can mash a banana and mix it with yogurt as a good paste. Spread this paste on your face and neck and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash with warm water and pat dry. This natural banana and yogurt face mask for dry skin not only moisturizes dry skin, but also exfoliates dead skin cells.
8. Any type of skin problem can be removed by avocado face pack. People with dry skin can get great help through this natural fruit. An avocado face mask can battle dry skin and add moisture because it contains healthy fat, which will hydrate and lubricate your flaky skin and help get rid of dry skin on face. This easy to make face mask for dry skin uses only 2 ingredient avocado and honey. Mash a ripe avocado into paste and add one table spoon of honey in the avocado paste. Mix them well and apply the mask to your face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water, pat dry to get rid of dry scaly skin patches on face.
9. Oatmeal gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead and dry skin on face. Oatmeal is fully packed with vitamin E and other essential nutrients which are vital for healthy skin. Here is a perfect oatmeal face mask for dry skin. Take oatmeal and coarsely grind them to get ground oatmeal and add milk and make a paste of desired consistency. Apply this on the flaking skin on face and wash it thoroughly with water after about twenty minutes to get rid of dry itchy skin patches.
10. If you have dry skin that needs moisturizing, make a paste with a guava and a spoon of honey. Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Just apply on the face as a mask and leave it for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water, pat dry to get rid of dry scaly skin patches on face.
11. You can use the egg yolk to make a nourishing face mask to remove dry skin on face. The combination of egg yolk, honey and olive oil makes a wonderful facial. Separate the white and yolk of a raw, organic egg and beat the yolk. Add a few drops of honey and olive oil into the egg yolk and apply the mixture to your face and leave it for about 20 minutes. The egg yolk mask will soothe, smooth and refine dry and scaly skin.
These are some effective home remedies that can help treat your dry, scaly, and itchy skin this winter season.
Tips to Get rid of Dry Skin on Face
The dryness, cold, and wind of winter can wreak havoc on your skin. Flaking skin can be an unsightly and annoying problem, especially during the dry, cold winter months. Try these skin care tips to prevent dry skin during winter months.
Have plenty of liquids throughout the day to hydrate your skin from the inside out and get rid of dry, scaly patches on facial skin. Avoid processed sugars and caffeinated beverages that dehydrate the skin.
Treat your flaky dry skin on face from the inside out by taking vitamin and mineral supplements. Achieve healthy looking facial skin by choosing organic and healthy foods, and keeping your stress level low.
Try to avoid using hot water as much as possible to prevent and treat winter dry skin on face. Wash your face with just lukewarm water and pat your skin dry, don't rub.
Frequent face washing can strip moisture from your face, leaving it dry and rough. Stay away from soap, especially deodorant soap, as this will only aggravate the condition of flaky dry skin.
Dry heat indoors can help cause dry skin patches. Run a humidifier in your room while you sleep, to prevent dry skin on face. This remedy is best for getting rid of dry flaky skin on face.
Excessive exposure to direct sunlight has dramatic drying effects on skin. Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible during peak UV radiation to prevent and reduce dry flaky peeling skin on forehead and face.
These are a few remedies to get rid of dry skin on face. Prevent winter dry skin by eliminating habits that might be causing or worsening dry facial skin.