Athlete’s Foot Cure - Athlete's Foot TreatmentWhat is athlete's foot? Athlete's foot, known medically as tinea pedis, is a common skin infection that usually begins between the toes. Athlete's foot may spread to the soles of the feet and to the toenails. The fungus causes an itchy, red or flaky rash between the toes or soles of the feet. In severe cases the skin may blister. Fungus loves a warm, moist environment, and the constant humidity and dampness in your feet, covered by socks and shoes, become an ideal breeding ground for the tinea pedis fungus. You can usually treat athlete's foot (tinea pedis) yourself at home by using home remedies and taking care of your feet.
How to Get Rid of Athletes Foot- Best Home Remedies for Athlete’s FootHere are the top home remedies for athlete's foot. Use these athlete foot natural treatment to soothe the itch and fight the fungus that causes athlete's foot.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment For Athlete's FootApple cider vinegar is one of the excellent home remedies for athlete's foot. Direct application of apple cider vinegar on the affected area provides athletes foot cure. Soaking your feet in vinegar is the best way to get rid of athletes foot. It's a great, inexpensive, natural remedy for athlete's foot and helps with even some of the worst cases. The acidity of vinegar helps kill the fungus and lower the levels of alkaline found on your skin, which enable athlete's foot fungi to grow.
2. Athlete's Foot Treatment Using Tea Tree OilTea tree oil is an effective natural way to help heal athlete's foot. Not only does the tea tree oil fight fungus, but it also helps soothe itching. Add 40 drops of organic tea tree oil to a foot bath and soak your feet for 10 minutes to reduce athlete's foot symptoms. Another remedy is to mix 1/4 cup of coconut oil with a few drops of tea tree oil. Apply each night and morning to clean, dry feet. Itching of athlete foot will be gone within a day or two. Coconut oil has anti-fungal properties. It can be applied directly to the feet. Tea tree oil can also be mixed with aloe vera gel to treat athlete's foot. Continue this treatment for a week to get rid of athlete's foot.
3. Athletes Foot Cure - Soda Bicarbonate For Athlete's Foot TreatmentThis is another of the best home remedies for athlete's foot. Baking soda has a reputation to kill bacteria as well as fungi that cause Athlete's Foot. To treat athlete’s foot at home naturally, make a paste of one tablespoon of soda bicarbonate mixed with adequate water. Apply the paste on the affected area and let it sit for a few minutes. Wash it off. Finish off the procedure by dusting the affected area with talcum powder. It cures athletes foot. This is one of the best athlete's foot treatment.
4. Rubbing Alcohol Athletes Foot - Best Way to Get rid of Athletes FootRubbing alcohol is another effective home remedy for athlete's foot. Apply rubbing alcohol with cotton balls to the athlete foot. As one of the many different athletes foot cures, it seems to work very well. Another alternative for athlete's foot is to dissolve 4 aspirin in 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol and rub over your feet after showering, the aspirin will soak into the skin due to the alcohol mixture. This will kill fungus that causes odor and dry up athlete's foot.
5. How To Get Rid Of Athletes Foot - Yogurt For Athletes Foot CureAnother of the best itchy feet remedies is to apply yogurt to your athlete feet, simply dab on infected areas, let dry and then rinse off. The live acidophilus bacteria present in plain yogurt helps in fighting fungal infections like athlete’s foot.
6. Athlete Foot Natural Treatment - Tea Remedy for Athlete's FootTannic acid present in tea is believed to help restrict fungal activity and is helpful in drying out sweaty feet fast and cures athletes foot. Soak your feet in the tea bath or dab it on several times a day with a cotton ball to treat athlete foot at home.
7. Athletes Foot Cure - Athlete's Foot Treatment using CornstarchCornstarch will quickly absorb the sweat leaving your feet moisture free completely. Sprinkle cornstarch powder on the foot that is affected with the skin disorder. Leave for about 30 minutes and then wash off with water and antifungal soap. Pat dry the feet. Repeat everyday for a few weeks to prevent the athlete foot infection.
8. Reduce Athlete's Foot Symptoms- Grapefruit Seed Extract for Athlete’s FootIt is one of the best athlete's foot treatments. Grapefruit seed extract is derived from seed, pulp and peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit seed extract has powerful anti-fungal properties. It can treat acne, jock itch, eczema, cold sores, Candida, chickenpox, dandruff, athlete's foot, rashes, ringworm and warts. While you can take grapefruit seed extract orally too, its topical application will speed up the healing process of your athlete’s foot. Rub them on your feet straight or mixed into coconut, olive oil to treat athlete's foot symptoms.
9. Lavender Essential Oil For Athletes Foot Cure - Home Remedies for Athlete’s FootLavender oil could provide a sweet-smelling solution to infections such as athlete's foot, thrush and ringworm. You can help prevent and treat athlete's foot using Lavender essential oil which has powerful antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. Make a massage oil by adding 3 drops of lavender oil to 1 teaspoon of a carrier oil, like olive or jojoba oil, and apply it on the athlete’s foot. Myrrh essential oil works will on athlete's foot when combined with lavender oil.
8 Best Foot Care Tips For Athlete's FootGood foot care helps treat and prevent athlete's foot.
1. Keep your feet clean by washing them with soap and water at least once a day, and keep them dry the rest of the time.
2. For athletes foot cure, it is necessary to dry your feet properly after swimming, showering, or bathing.
3. Try to wear sandals and shoes that allow your feet to breathe. Athlete foot natural treatment.
4. When indoors, wear socks without shoes to reduce the symptoms of athlete's foot.
5. If you can, change your socks during the day to keep your feet sweat-free.
6. Another best way to get rid of athletes foot is to apply talcum powder to your feet. Wash the area with lukewarm water; Pat dry the area and apply talcum powder to keep the feet dry.
7. For athlete foot cure, you should let your shoes air out for at least 24 hours before you wear them again.
8. Wear shower shoes, flip-flops, or sandals when walking around pools, gyms, shower or locker areas, and hotel rooms.