How To Get Rid Of Oily SkinMany people struggle with oily or greasy skin, especially on their faces. What causes oily skin on face? Oily skin can be caused by genetics, dietary choices, and too much stress etc. Forgetting to wash your face, often cause greasy-looking skin. Oily skin results from large quantities of sebum. Accumulation of excess oil can lead to blemishes and acne flare-ups. Acne occurs sebaceous glands in the follicles of the skin become overactive. Managing oily face is really a challenge, especially for people having large pores. Want to know how to get rid of oily skin fast?
Whatever is causing your oily skin there are steps you can take to control it. There is no need to use expensive, chemical-based skin care products to remove oily face and to get rid of acne for oily skin. One best way on how to prevent oily skin on face is by following a proper skin care routine. Oily and acne-prone skin needs special care to remove oils, dirt and makeup gently. Wash your face twice a day with oil controlling soaps or use a face wash for oily skin and you will be free from oily skin worries.
How Do You Get Rid Of An Oily Face - Home Remedies to Remove Oil From FaceHere are the best home remedies to get rid of oily skin naturally. Home remedies using lemon, baking soda, clay, cornstarch, gram flour etc are best for getting rid of greasy face. Treat oily skin using these natural options.
1. How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin On Face Using Lemon JuiceOne best home remedy for oily face is lemon juice. Lemons contain the citric acid which serves as an astringent to soak the oil. Lemon has anti-bacterial properties and will help make your skin dry and tight. Lemon lightens your skin with the help of skin-lightening action of Vitamin C. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice and honey, just rub it over your face to treat excessive oily skin. This is one of the best oily skin remedies, which dissolves excess sebum, eliminates oily sheen, shrink enlarged pores on face, and also help to get rid of acne with oily skin. Honey is also a natural antiseptic, helping to kill acne-causing bacteria.
2. How To Stop Oily Face Using Egg WhitesEgg white face mask works great for drawing excess oil out of greasy skin. Applying a combination of egg white and lemon juice is one of the best natural methods to treat and prevent an oily face. Whip one egg white, add the juice from half a lemon and mix it well and apply the mixture on your face. Leave the mixture on for about 15 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water. This remedy is best for controlling oily face.
Honey and Egg Whites on How To Prevent Oily Skin On Face: Another natural remedy to treat and prevent an oily face is to combine 1 teaspoon of honey with an egg white and stir well and apply this mixture to your skin. Let it dry and then wash it off with warm water and then pat the skin dry. Honey is best for oily skin as it humectant properties to help keep the skin moisturized without making it too oily. The anti-bacterial properties of honey makes it a perfect natural choice for acne prone oily skin. This is the best face mask to clean up your face, get rid of oil, impurities, and dead skin on face.
- 7 Best Natural Homemade Facial Masks for Oily Acne Prone Skin and Blackheads
- Best Natural Ways to Get Rid of Large Pore on Face
- 27 Best Natural Ways to Remove Whiteheads on Forehead, Nose, Cheeks and Chin
- How to Cure Acne using Tomato: Facial Masks using Tomato for Acne
- How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne: Benefits of Tea Tree Oil for Acne, Acne Scars
- Get Rid Of Acne: Best Acne Treatment Tips in Your 30s, 40s, and 50s
- How to Treat Baby Acne: Baby Acne Cure Tips and Home Remedy Treatments
3. Clay Mask To Get Rid Of Greasy FaceApplying clay mask is one of the best natural ways to clean your face. Clay masks or mud masks reduce greasiness, remove dirt, makeup, dead skin cells, and other impurities from the skin while tightening pores. You can make a perfectly effective clay mask to prevent oily skin on face by just mixing clay and water. Clean the face first and apply to face for 20 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water.
4. Getting Rid of Oily Skin using Sea SaltSea salt has also been shown to be very effective at reducing oily skin. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to warm water, spray it on your face and blot dry to remove oily face any time. This is the best way to exfoliate face which leaves the skin rejuvenated, fresh and clean. Sea salt when used as a scrub salt gently cleanses pores and exfoliates skin to remove impurities that clog pores and also promote new skin growth. Mix 3 tablespoons of honey with half teaspoon of sea salt and apply the mixture on the face for at least 30 minutes. Cleanse your skin and then pat dry it with a towel to get rid of oily face skin.
5. How to Get Rid of Face Oil using YogurtYogurt contains natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. A yogurt mask can fight bacteria and remove dead skin cells to help fight acne inflammation. Yogurt is one of the most popular home remedies for oily skin on face, because it contains lactic acid, which can aid in exfoliating the skin. Take 2 tablespoons of plain low fat yogurt and apply a thin layer to your face. Oily skin is prone to acne, and this home remedy can reduce excess oil and help clear acne. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of yeast in boiled water and mix with some yogurt and apply a mixture on the skin. Let the yogurt stay on your face for 15 minutes and then wash with cool water to clean face naturally.
6. How to Remove Oily Face using TomatoYou can get rid of extra shine, greasiness and oil with tomato. Apply tomato face mask to get rid of oil from skin. For controlling oily face, take ripe tomatoes and make their paste with the help of blender or mixer. Apply the mixture on your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water to treat oily skin and acne. This tomato pack for oily skin will also reduce acne scars also. Tomatoes are great for treating greasy and over shiny skin, as they have astringent properties.
- Natural Acne Scar Treatment Options to Get Rid of Acne Scars Overnight
- Top Natural Remedies and Facial Masks to Get Rid of a Pimple Overnight
- 21 Best Home Remedies for Fast Acne Scar Removal
- 17 Best Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Redness from Acne
7. Gram Flour To Get Rid Of Excess Oil on FaceGram flour has alkalizing properties, which helps cleanse impurities over the skin and also help to maintain the pH of the skin. If you have an oily skin on face, you can use gram flour mask to absorb and remove excess oil from the face. To get rid of greasy face, apply a mix of gram flour and rose water on your face and wash it after 10 to 15 minutes to reduce oily skin. The natural exfoliating properties of gram flour remove dead skin from the face. To treat acne, you can mix gram flour with honey and apply it on the face.
8. How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin using Apple Cider VinegarApple cider vinegar is an effective remedy in getting rid of oily skin. Apple cider vinegar has an astringent property that dries out the oily skin. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties to treat acne and skin infections. Regular use of the apple cider vinegar toner balances your skin while removing oil from your skin.
9. How to Get Rid of Face Oil using CornstarchCornstarch is great for oily skin and acne-prone skin. To remove oily face, take 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix it olive oil, and rosewater and make a fine paste. Then spread it over your face like a mask. Make sure to rinse your face with lukewarm water to control the oiliness of the skin. Apply oil free moisturizer. Regular application of this mask helps in drying up the oily patches and makes your skin oil free.
10. Milk of Magnesia To Get Rid of Oily Skin on FaceMilk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) can combat oily skin and provide smoothness to your skin. The antibacterial properties of milk of magnesia help to get rid of acne pimples. Coat a thin layer of milk of magnesia on the skin and let the milk of magnesia dry for 10 minutes to reduce greasy skin and its oily appearance. It works the same way as a clay mask and draws out excess oil from the face. This home remedy will also reduce acne.
11. How to Remove Oily Face using Baking sodaThe baking soda has properties that help clear out the dirt and oil in your pores. To treat and to prevent an oily face, take two teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with a teaspoon of water to make a fine paste. Apply the paste to your entire face, leave for a few minutes and then rinse your face with warm water to clean face naturally. This is one of the best natural ways to remove excess oil on face. Baking soda is best for very oily and congested skin, as it will exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin and loosening blackheads.
12. How to Control Oily Skin on Face using Orange PeelOrange peel is a natural effective treatment to manage greasy and oily skin. orange peel mask will help you to get rid of acne, blackheads, dark spots, uneven skin tone and so on. If you have oily skin with open pores and facing acne and spots problem then treat all these skin problems with this orange peel face mask. Take some orange peel powder and add some yogurt in it to make a paste. Apply and leave this paste on to your face for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off to get rid of oily face. This homemade natural orange peel mask works to control acne, cleanse and open up clogged pores, and treat blackheads. Its astringent properties will remove extra oil from the skin.
13. How to Remove Oil From Face using Aloe VeraUsing aloe vera gel on a regular basis will help control oily skin and acne. Get a freshly cut aloe vera leaf and squeeze out its gel; Work the gel into your face. Leave it there for about 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water to control oily skin on face. Another of the best oily skin remedies is to make a smooth paste of aloe vera gel, cucumber juice and yogurt and then apply to face and let dry 15 minutes. This oily skin face pack acts as a superb rejuvenator for the greasy and oily skin.
- Best Face Masks for Clear Skin,Acne, Oily Skin, Dry Skin, Wrinkles and Fair Glowing Skin
- 11 Best Home Remedies for Red Face from Acne Rosacea
- Get Rid of Cystic Acne Naturally: Cystic Acne Treatments
- Get Rid of Acne: 14 Best Home Remedies for Acne Treatment
14. How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin using Papaya and Orange Face PackIf your oily skin is accompanied with pimples and scars, then you can apply papaya mask to prevent oily skin on face. The enzymes in papaya are particularly effective at reducing acne breakouts. This papaya face pack for oily skin helps in removing excess oil from the skin surface making the skin oil free and blemish free. To reduce oily skin, mix 1 tablespoon of orange juice in 3 table spoons of papaya pulp. Apply papaya orange mixture to skin and leave on 15 – 20 minutes and rinse it off with water. Orange papaya mask removes the excess oil or sebum from your skin.
15. Milk Remedy To Get Rid Of Oily Skin On FaceThis is one of the best natural methods on how to get rid of oily skin. Milk contains lactic acid, which is a form of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), which gently exfoliate the skin. The exfoliating effect of milk helps remove impurities leaving a clean and soft face. Applying a face mask of sandalwood and milk is beneficial in getting rid of oily skin. Sandalwood acts as a cleansing agent to remove dirt from the skin pores and also helps get rid of dead skin cells. Milk is a great way to remove makeup and moisturize your skin at the same time.
Oily skin is prone to several skin problems including acne and pimples. Try these natural remedies to get rid of oily face at home. If you are seeing your face get shiny by mid-day because of oiliness, use the best face wash or face cleanser for oily skin and get rid of oily skin effectively.