Plantar WartsPlantar wart is a viral infection that appears in the form of warts on the soles of feet. Plantar warts are usually just thick skin and can sometimes be painful. The plantar wart can aggravate when there is constant pressure and friction on the same part of the feet.
What causes plantar warts? Plantar warts are mainly caused by being barefoot while using public facilities like showers at the gymnasium, swimming pools or even using common shoes. Plantar warts tend to flourish in warm environment. You become especially susceptible if you have a weakened immune system or an open wound.
The main symptom of plantar warts often includes only pain. Most warts don’t pain so if your foot starts to pain, you should visit your doctor, especially if the warts start to bleed. There are times when plantar warts on feet can even affect posture. That happens when the warts have been around for a long time without any remedy.
There are many over-the-counter creams and treatments for plantar warts. These are usually with salicylic acid or with chemicals that freeze the warts. When treating plantar wart one could make use of some natural remedies to remove plantar warts at home. Perseverance is the key in any treatment for warts.
Plantar Wart Removal: Plantar Wart TreatmentsPlantar warts are a common result of human papillomavirus growing on the skin. As part of your home remedies for plantar warts on feet you could try scrubbing, gently, with a pumice stone, after having soaked the foot with the warts, in hot water. Repeated scrubbing helps the skin to soften and eventually cures the warts. This scrubbing is not a good idea if the wart is paining you or is bleeding.
1. Among several treatments for treating plantar warts such as salicylic acid, cryotherapy, etc. taping the affected area with duct tape is the most simple method to get rid of plantar wart. In the duct tape occlusion therapy (DTOT), you use this by covering the wart with silver duct tape for six days. On the seventh day, remove the tape, soak the foot in water for 10 minutes, and rub the wart. While this is not a scientific remedy, plantar wart removal using duct tape seems to help remove plantar wart and is a popular wart home remedy.
2. Garlic is another effective natural cure for planter wart. Covering your wart or the affected area with a clove of garlic and then wrapping a bandage around it helps the wart heal faster. Garlic can be consumed in a capsule form too to get rid of plantar warts.
3. Potatoes could be good a plantar wart removal. Rubbing raw potato slices on the wart is known to help cure the warts. Rub the potato slice on the wart for 5 minutes letting the potato juice coat your wart. Let the skin dry thoroughly before continuing with normal activity. Do this a few times per day, until the wart disappears.
4. Even rubbing chalk on the wart is supposed to help in the removal of plantar warts. Rub the wart daily with a piece of white chalk coating it completely. Take a paste made from chalk and water and apply it to your wart.
5. Another soak for your plantar wart is one with apple cider vinegar. Soak the bandage in it and wrap the warts. Repeated applications of this soaked bandage is a good home remedy for plantar wart treatment.
6. Vitamin E oil is also said to work against warts. Before going to bed, prick open a vitamin E capsule and rub a little of the oil on the wart. Apply a mixture of lemon juice, sea salt, onion juice and vitamin E oil.
7. You can also use vitamin C tablets for plantar wart treatment. Crush vitamin C tablets and apply it on the wart before covering the wart with a bandage. Keeping the bandage dry through the applications is very important. Ensure that your footwear does not get wet or is damp.
8. Tea tree oil is best as a treatment for plantar warts. Just apply the tea tree oil over the wart every day until it is completely removed.
9. Aloe vera gel helps to remove the plantar warts from the feet. Fresh gel from the actual plant is best for plantar wart removal. Cut and spoon the sap gel of aloe vera and apply it directly to the wart as an effective plantar wart treatment.
10. Other home remedies for plantar wart removal include the application of vitamin A oil and fish oil.