How to Get Rid of Dry Skin on Face Naturally
Remove Dry Flaky Skin on Face – Best Home Remedies for Dry Skin Patches on Face
Dry skin is one of the most common skin problems that affect people of all ages. Dry skin on the face is flaky, itchy and prone to irritation. Here are a few home remedies that may help you to a great extent if they are followed religiously.
1. Olive oil is one of the best natural moisturizer for dry skin. For removing dry flaky skin on face, you can apply a face pack made of a few drops of rose water and lime juice, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 1 egg yolk. Mix the ingredients together and apply on your face for 20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Coconut oil is one of the best facial moisturizers which works perfect for extremely dry skin. Coconut oil is a natural emollient. This natural moisturizer prevents dry skin by creating a protective layer that helps your skin retain moisture. Apply a liberal amount of coconut oil on the face to soften the dry skin patches while you sleep. Do this every night and your severe dry skin on face will improve significantly.
3. Using lemon juice and sugar scrub is great for getting rid of dry flaky skin on face and body. Lemons work as astringents, which act to moisturize the skin. Simply mix the juice of half a lemon with a teaspoon of sugar and use cotton rounds to scrub the mixture all over your face, focusing on spots on your forehead, lips and around your nose.
4. Curd contain anti-oxidant property and is the best home remedy for dry skin on face. It also acts a good moisturizer for extremely dry skin. Applying curd on face and chin helps to remove dry skin patches on face and you will get soft and smooth skin naturally.
5. Using almond oil is great for getting rid of dry flaky skin on face and all over your body. Almond oil has natural moisturizing, nourishing, and healing properties. Face massage using almond oil makes the skin soft and removes dry skin patches. You will get an instant relief from itchy dry skin patches on face.
6. Papaya is best for getting rid of very dry skin on the face. Spread mashed papaya on your face and neck and massage it for at least 20 minutes and rinse it with water. Papaya natural treatment will exfoliate your dry skin, removing the dead cells and making it glow and soft.
7. Rubbing sesame oil on your dry skin, especially on your face will keep your skin looking and feeling younger. This is one of the best dry skin remedies.
8. If your face is dry, you can use aloe vera for nourishing and healing severe dry skin. Aloe vera also protects your face from developing fine lines and wrinkles. Applying aloe vera on the face supplies your skin with the moisture that it craves, particularly during cold, dry winter months.
9. Grape seed oil massage on the face is one of the best home remedies for removing dry skin on face. From acne to dry flaky skin, from wrinkles to sunburn, whatever be the problem, grape seed oil is the best solution.
10. Honey is a natural humectant that moisturizes, cleanses, smoothes, and softens the dry flaky skin on face. Honey can be applied directly to the patches of dry skin on your face and neck. Massage your face, forehead, chin, and neck skin with honey, and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
11. Avocado is a delicious ingredient to get rid of dry skin patches on your face or body. An avocado face mask is a simple home remedy for the dry skin treatment. Mash about half an avocado. Mix this with half a cup of honey and smear this homemade face mask for dry skin onto the dry areas of your face. After 10 to 15 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry. Avocado’s oil is also high in sterolins, which reduce age spots and sun damage signs, and help soften and moisturize skin.
12. Petroleum jelly has been used for years to relieve dry skin conditions. Glycerin oil is also a good remedy for dry skin. Mix equal quantities of petroleum jelly and glycerin and apply it on your dry skin patches. This is one of the best remedies for getting rid of dry skin on face, dry lips, dry hands, and feet.
13. Apple is an effective home remedy for dry skin treatment. The potassium and tannin in apple gives the skin a lustrous sheen and keeps dryness away. Take 1 to 2 apples, grate them and apply on the skin, keep it for 20 minutes and then wash using cold water.
14. Applying cucumber face pack is also very beneficial for the treatment of dry skin. Apply a paste made of cucumber on face and other dry skin area. Cucumber juice has a cooling effect on the face and provides the lost water content to the face and reduces its dryness.