How to Get Rid of Dark Brown Spots on Face
Brown spots on the skin occur due to an increase in melanin production. Melanin is the pigment which gives the skin its color and is produced by cells known as melanocytes. Melanin deposits in the skin take the appearance of brown spots which are also commonly referred to as freckles, age spots, liver spots, sun spots or hyper pigmentation. Brown spots on skin are usually benign, but they can tarnish the complexion. Individuals above the age of 50 years are most prone to brown spots on the skin. These brown spots could affect the face, hands, back and scalp. The areas of skin that are exposed to the sun are likely to undergo more black spots and hyper pigmentation.
A large number of individuals develop brown spots on face ,dark splotches on face, and discoloration on the skin. Even though it is a harmless condition, it is helpful to know what causes brown spots on skin. One of the most common causes of skin hyper pigmentation is excessive sun exposure. The UV radiation of the sun stimulates the production of melanin. Itchy dry brown spots on skin may occur in individuals who suffer from conditions such as melasma, seborrhea keratosis and liver dysfunction.
Brown spots on skin start occurring more commonly as an individual advances in age. Brown spots that tend to itch persistently can be dangerous in some cases. Melanomas are an example of such spots and are a form of skin cancer. One should be aware of any changes in the color, size, texture and shape of spots on the body. Such discoloration requires immediate medical attention and treatment.
Best Home Remedies for Brown Spots on Skin
2. Lotions and creams for dry brown spots on face: There are many over-the-counter topical applications which help to lighten brown patches on skin and dark splotches on face. Lotions and creams that contain substances such as kojic acid, lactic acid, vitamin E and vitamin C are known to be effective in getting rid of brown spots on skin.
3. How to get rid of brown spots on face using Lemon juice: Brown spots treatment can also be done by applying lemon juice to the affected areas. Lemon has natural bleaching properties and hence has a lightening effect on the skin. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice on face to bleach brown spots on face. Vitamin C in lemon juice protects your skin against sun damage by inhibiting the action of free radicals. Vitamin C also fades brown patches on skin and evens out the skin tone and texture.
4. ACV for brown spots on face: You can try apple cider vinegar to remove brown spot on face. Apple cider vinegar is considered to be the best treatment for melasma brown spot on skin. The acetic qualities of apple cider vinegar make it a suitable choice for treating melasma skin discolorations at home. Apply a solution of 2 parts water to 3 parts apple cider vinegar on the brown spots of melasma. Leave it on a few minutes and then rinse away to get rid of dry brown spots on skin. Drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water also help you on how to remove brown spots on face. This natural spot remedy will remove brown spots in skin, melasma brown splotchiness on the forehead, cheeks, upper lip, and jaw line.
5. Castor oil to get rid of brown patches on face: Castor oil is another best home treatment for brown spots on face. Castor oil has many healing properties and is a great natural dark spot corrector. Castor oil should be applied on brown skin spots twice a day, using a cotton ball. This is one of the best remedies for brown spots on face. You can also apply vitamin E oil mixed with castor oil on the new brown spot on face to get rid of them fast.
- Top Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Dark Spots on Face
- Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Spots on Face Due to Acne Pimples
- 24 Best Dark Spot Corrector Remedies to Get Rid of Black and Brown Spots
- 9 Best Natural Dark Spot Corrector
- Best Methods to Remove Age Spots or Liver Spots Naturally
- 8 Best Dark Spot Corrector Products
6. How to get rid of brown spots using Face Masks: Regular use of fruits packs on the skin also helps in removing brown spots your face. Most common fruits used in getting rid of dark spots on face are apricots, cucumbers, apricots, and currants. Again, use a food processor to create a paste and apply to face as a mask. This is the best skin treatment for brown spots.
See: Best Home Remedies for Dark Skin Discoloration of Melasma
7. Honey treatment for brown spots: If you have light brown spots on face, apply honey remedy. Slightly warm some honey in a pot grind some wheat germ and mix with the warm honey. Apply to the brown blotches on face and then rinse with warm water after 15 minutes. Another best way to remove brown spots on face. You can also use this home remedy on to the brown spot on eye.
8. How to remove brown spots on face using horseradish treatment: Horseradish juiceApply horseradish juice to the affected areas as a natural way to get rid of brown spot on face. Make a mix of horseradish juice with water to dilute or horseradish vinegar. Wipe face with fingers and then rinse. This is one of the best treatment for brown spots.
9. Chickpea remedy on how to get rid of brown spots: Chickpea or gramflour is a wonderful remedy that helps to clear brown spot or aged spots. The ingredients that are used in this process are also the most effective ones that lighten the skin by fading and clearing the spots on the skin. Take a lemon and squeeze out the lemon juice from half of the lemon slice. Then add a little of rose water in the small bowl and add gram flour, milk and turmeric in a bowl and mix it well to make it like a paste. Apply the mask on your face and neck to remove dead skin and fade brown spots on face.
10. Oatmeal home remedies for dark spots: Oatmeal powder is considered good for skin exfoliation and to remove brown blotches on face. Hence, you can apply an oatmeal mask on your face and neck. This is a good tip about how to remove brown spots from your face.
11. Potato remedy to remove brown spot on face: If you have brown spot on eye, rub potato on your skin spots to reduce brown dots on skin and pigmentation marks. Alternatively, you can apply potato juice on the dark spots on your face or wherever they are to lighten them fast.
12. A paste of sesame seeds and sandal wood powder is also believed to work well in lightening brown skin spots and discoloration on face and removes brown spot on eye.
13. How to remove brown spots on face using yogurt: Yogurt is considered to be the safest and the easiest to use solution when it comes to naturally lightening brown skin spots and liver spots. What you need to do is to apply plain yogurt directly into your brown spots and let it dry for approximately 20 minutes. Rinse it off using cold water. To get desirable results in the most rapid manner possible, consider applying the solution into the affected area at night and rinse it off in the morning.
14. Turmeric for getting rid of brown spots: This is another best remedy for getting rid of liver spots. To get rid of light brown spots on face, mix turmeric and sesame seeds in equal portions and grind with a food processor with some water. Apply the resulting paste to the light brown spots on face. Apply sour cream to face and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. This is one of the best treatment for brown spots on face.You will start seeing results within 5 to 6 days.
15. Onion Juice treatment for brown spots on skin: Onion Juices severs as an effective solution on how to get rid of dark brown spots on face. Dip a cotton ball into the onion juice and rub it directly onto the melasma or brown age spots. You can mix 1 tablespoon of onion juice with 2 tablespoon of honey and apply this mixture on the black spots on skin. Red onion is actually rich in acidic properties and can help fade dark brown dots almost effortlessly. Adding a grated onion to apple cider vinegar is also very helpful to reduce brown dots.
16. How to get rid of brown spots on face with aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel is the best herbal treatment to remove brown spots on skin. Aloe vera contains a potent substance called mucilaginous polysaccharide (MPS), which softens and lightens brown spots and other skin discolorations. For treating brown spots on skin, take fresh aloe vera juice apply it on the dark brown spots. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water to remove brown spots. This is one of the best natural treatments for lightening brown spots.
17. Papaya peel for removing brown spots: Rubbing a watermelon peel or a papaya peel can also be good for fading brown spots, dark splotches on face, age spots on face, and freckles. These peels have immense healing properties. You can also use papaya pulp to get rid of dark spots on face. The pulp of this fruit can be applied directly on the brown spots on face. Papaya helps grow new skin cells to give you a brighter skin tone. Regular facial application of papaya juice helps reduce freckles or brown spots and sunspots on skin due to sunlight exposure. Actually any fruit with vitamin E has enzymes in its skin which works well to make the brown spots disappear.
18. Coconut water treatment for brown splotches on face: Coconut water is very useful for our body health and for our skin care. To remove black spots on face, you may use coconut water. Washing face with coconut water regularly can eliminate acne, black spots, light brown spots on face, wrinkles, and blemishes on the skin.
19. Yogurt and aloe vera mask for brown skin spots: Another mixture that can help reduce brown spots is yogurt, apple cider, lemon juice and aloe vera gel. This mask lightens your skin and the brown spots on skin. Follow this up with a moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Home Remedies on How to Get Rid Of Liver Spots or Age Spots
- Best Natural Skin Tightening Oils Herbs Vitamins and Facial Masks
- Facial Exercises for Laugh Lines, Wrinkles on Forehead, Eyes, Neck, and Lips
- Top 20 Health Benefits of Turmeric Powder
These are some of the best natural treatments to remove brown spots on skin. Apply these home remedies to get rid of dark brown spots on face over time.