Get Rid of Vertical Lines Above the Upper Lip
Smokers lines are the greatest fear for many women. However, there exist natural remedies and tips to remove vertical lines that appear above the upper lip. Following are some of the best tips on how to get rid of smoker’s wrinkles naturally.
Moisture and elasticity in the skin makes it young and supple. As we age, our skin loses moisture and elasticity, making it prone to wrinkles. However, some people are more prone to wrinkles than others. This is especially true for smokers. Smokers tend to develop deep wrinkles around the mouth. The repetitive physical action of smoking creates lines around the lips.
Smoking leads to premature skin aging and vertical wrinkles around the upper lip often called smokers lines. Whether you call them smoker's lines or feathering, those vertical lines above the upper lip can cause you to appear older than your age.
Tips to Remove Smoker's Lines Naturally
1. Smoking leaves the facial skin very susceptible to deep creases and lines between your nose and lip. Once the signs of aging appear around the mouth and the lips in particular, it is time to quit smoking. The sooner you stop smoking, the fewer "smoker's lines" you will develop.
2. Cigarette smoke may speed up aging by producing free radicals. Usually free radicals break down skin cells and collagen in the skin resulting in increased wrinkle formation. Smokers absolutely need a higher amount of vitamins and minerals to help in the defense of this breakdown. The supplementation of vitamin C and vitamin E is beneficial to protect against smoking-related skin damage.
3. When exposed to repetitive movement of the underlying muscles, vertical wrinkle lines appear between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip that are common to smokers. A facial massage is one of the best natural ways to diminish the appearance of lip wrinkles caused by smoking. Face massaging helps to increase the blood circulation and tightens the muscles and tissues around the mouth and remove smokers lines.
4. Coconut oil is best for removing vertical upper lip wrinkles or smokers lines. A facial massage with coconut oil daily before going to bed is beneficial for getting rid of smoker's lines. When used as massage oil for the skin, coconut oil is an effective moisturizer.
5. Another natural tip for removing smokers wrinkles is the application of egg whites. Apply a facial pack comprising of egg white with a few drops of lemon around the lip area. Wash it off after 15 minutes to get rid of vertical lines around the mouth.
6. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to remain hydrated in order to plump up the smoker's lines and make them less noticeable. Six to eight glasses of water are the recommended dietary requirement to prevent vertical lines above the upper lip and help to maintain the body's elasticity.
7. Be gentle when washing your face. Avoid harsh soaps that can rob your skin of its natural oils. Instead, use a gentle soap or liquid cleanser. This is one of the best tips to treat smoker's line effectively.
8. Apply an over-the-counter glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy lotion to the vertical lines above the upper lip. It will encourage skin cell regeneration and help the skin in removing smoker’s lines or upper lip wrinkles.
9. Dehydrated skin is more vulnerable, less elastic and is more susceptible to the formation of wrinkles around mouth and smoker's lines. A facial moisturizer can help to prevent dry skin. Apply moisturizer around mouth on a regular basis to seal the moisture and keep your skin smooth and supple. Use a sunscreen-containing moisturizer to the vertical lines above the upper lip. For best results, apply a product with an SPF of 15.
These are some effective natural remedies and tips for removing vertical lines around the upper lip. Follow these smoker's wrinkle removal tips to take care of your skin. You can also apply lip wrinkle creams that contain natural ingredients to get rid of upper lip wrinkles.
You May Also Like: